Experimental Finance Summer School, June 18-19
Heidelberg University’s Alfred-Weber-Institute for Economics and the Society for Experimental Finance (SEF) would like to invite you to the Experimental Finance Summer School 2018 held at „Schlosshotel Molkenkur“, Heidelberg (Germany).
The goal of the summer school is to deepen students’ understanding and knowledge of the field of experimental finance. Students are also invited to attend the Experimental Finance Conference from June 20-22 at the same venue.
The Summer school aims particularly for students from the following target groups:
- Young scholars from finance and economics departments that do not benefit from a research group at their University, but are interested in pursuing research in Experimental Finance.
- Young scholars from finance and economics departments that are embedded in an experimental group but want to improve their experimental skills and get an overview over some of the main fields in a systematic way.
Sunday evening, June 17, we plan to have an informal get-together in Heidelberg’s Old Town for those who have already arrived.
Monday, June 18
- Morning: Dynamic-Stochastic Choice Experiments. Ryan Oprea (University of Santa Barbara)
- Afternoon: The Efficient Markets Hypothesis: Overview of Experimental Evidence and Hands-on Design with Flex-E-Markets. Elena Asparouhova (University of Utah)
- Dinner at Schlosshotel Molkenkur
Tuesday, June 19
- Morning: Neuroeconomics: What is it and why should you care? Peter Bossaerts (University of Melbourne)
- Afternoon: Description vs. experience – How to educate people about distributions. Martin Weber (University of Mannheim)
Registration and Fees
The registration fee for the summer school covers the participation at all lectures, one dinner and all catering during breaks.
The summer school fee is €300.
Registration deadline was March 22, 2018.
Notifications of acceptance were send out by March 29, 2018.
Payments are due upon acceptance into the summer school and can then be made via the payment page of the SEF Website.
Registration is closed.
The summer school venue is Schlosshotel Molkenkur, which is located on the hill above Heidelberg’s prestigious castle. While the location is quiet and a little secluded, it is nevertheless well connected to the old town, the castle, and the summit of the hill Königstuhl by the Funicular Railway. We believe the summer school venue to offer an inspiring atmosphere for the exchange of ideas and are very much looking forward to welcoming you there.
Summer School participants can interact in the closed Facebook Group EFSS 2018.
Elena Asparouhova (University of Utah)
Peter Bossaerts (University of Melbourne)
Matthias Stefan (University of Innsbruck)
Stefan Trautmann (Heidelberg University)
Christian König-Kersting (Heidelberg University)